South Bay Gaming Club (SBGC) email@example.comThe South Bay Gaming Club (SBGC) is a loose association of friends, acquaintances and guests playing miniature wargames in the southern San Francisco Bay area. Members are military history buffs and generally play historical miniatures with figures, although all genres of games, including science fiction, fantasy, and board games are played also. Land, naval and sea war games are played and some games are a mix of the genres.
Membership discussions include many aspects of the gaming hobby besides just the games. Interests include painting figures, building custom terrain, DIY model making, trading tips on collecting armies, etc. There is a market place for buying, selling and trading.
Guests and drop-ins are welcome to visit the club, look around, meet the members and play a game.
Our newsletters are located in the files section: https://sbgc.groups.io/g/club/files/SBGC%20Newsletter.
*** The pandemic has impacted everyone including our club. We are required to play outdoors, wear masks, maintain social distancing and not share materials (e.g. dice and rulers). We're also not allowed to sing [we play at a church community center :-)]. ***
We meet one Saturday a month from 10 am to 5 pm at the Prince of Peace church in Saratoga, California:
Fellowship Hall - Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
12770 Saratoga Ave, Saratoga, CA
10 AM to 5 PM
To join the mailing list, send an email describing who you are to firstname.lastname@example.org or just login to https://groups.io/g/sbgc and click the button near the bottom to join.
Upcoming EventsMembers may submit a new event (or update/cancel an existing one) by sending an email to email@example.com with the hashtag "#game" in the title. Please keep it short, and list the date, title, rules, description (brief), number of players, GM's name(s), and any special requirements (e.g. number of tables, please RSVP, etc.). Full instructions on this wiki page.
(Eight - 8 x 2.5 foot tables available. Two - 6 x 2.5 foot tables available) (Also, many 4 foot round tables)
Note - With the pandemic/apocalypse situation, access to additional 6 x 2.5 tables may be available across the court yard)
No games scheduled.
- 185 Members
- 1,581 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members cannot edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #game For submitting a new game to the calendar, or canceling or correcting an existing game 179 topics
- #marketplace Buy/Sell wargaming related items (e.g. figures, books, terrain, etc.) fo sale, trade with other members, or let people know you are looking for something. See marketplace wiki for more info. 81 topics
- #cal-reminder 22 topics
- #CVD19 Suggestions on activities surrounding the club and the CoronaVirus 22 topics
- #DIY DYI - Projects, questions, terrain, painting issues, etc. that you might want suggestions or ideas about 22 topics
- #Project My Covid-19 project 12 topics
- #poll 6 topics
- #cal-cancelled 3 topics
- #file-notice 2 topics
- #moderatortest hashtag for testing things 2 topics