Topics

Brake Fluid to Strip Paint from Miniatures?

Charles W Li

Pete's recent thread about primer sticky minis reminded about an article I read about using brake fluid to completely strip paint from metal and plastic miniatures.  Has anyone tried this, or currently uses it?

As someone who has accidentally plopped a collector's grade Old Guard mini into a bottle of paint before, I'm always looking for new tools & tricks!

Charles
https://www.ehow.com/how_7524246_strip-paint-brake-fluid.html

Aron Clark

I have tried the brake fluid to strip plastic from hard plastic miniatures.  It worked well but was pretty toxic, scrubbed out doors with gloves & mask, but paint came off easily.  Washed in warm soap & water afterwards.